American Accord Insurance wishes you and yours a day of fun and safe Trick-or-Treating.
Remember drivers, children are more than twice as likely to be struck by a car and killed on Halloween than any other day of the year. Parents, don’t forget to remind your children about pedestrian safety.
Some additional tips to help you stay safe may include:
- Stay off your cell phone when driver or walking as you may become distracted in either case.
- Be prepared to stop at crosswalks and intersections.
- Drive with extra caution through neighborhoods when cars are parked alongside the roadway. Pedestrians may step out from behind a vehicle.
- Set ground rules before your children head out. Perhaps assign authority to one of the older children.
- Teach your children the difference between a prank and vandalism to help keep them out of legal trouble.
- Stay on sidewalks to the best of your ability.
- Cross the street at corners and crosswalks and look both ways before crossing.
- Tell your kids to never go into a stranger’s home.
- Set a time limit for your children to be out and know their route.
- Toss out any candies that have had their wrappers tampered with or have been previously opened.
Again, we at the American Accord Insurance Agency wish you and yours a fun and safe Halloween!